Thursday, November 18, 2010

This and That


Today I am in Panera's in Cherry Creek working. Well, I have spent 90 minutes trying different things to make my blog look better. I have come to the conclusion that I need more computer skills than I have or want to make my blog look great. I may have to ask for help.

I do know more pictures would be a start, so I will have to either start taking photos or raid Laurence's computer for them. Any other ideas for my blog improvement project would be welcome.

So, I'm at Panera's, near the fake fire (because it is the warmest spot in the restaurant) and trying to work. I have no ideas for today, well, I do have ideas, I just don't feel like writing about any of them. (Truly, do you really want to read about my children's piano recital? Other than they played brilliantly, better than any other children have ever played before, there is not much to tell.) I have refilled my ice tea twice, just so I can walk around and waste time. For the record, it seems to be card playing day. Lots of meetings, too. People working on computers. It's very inspiring. I think I could get quite a bit of writing done, if I could only think of something.

I would have been at the barn this morning, riding my faithful steed, Raymond, except he twisted a shoe. The farrier I use is at some horse show for the week, so unless another farrier happens to be at the barn, Ray gets to hang out in his stall and chomp hay all week. (For those of you who know horses, I (and by I, I mean my trainer, Rebecca) have removed the offending shoe so he won't tear up his hoof.) Ray messed up his front shoe, but it seems if it had been a back shoe, both back shoes could be removed and I could ride him. I think. I have no idea why no back shoes are OK, but no front shoes are not.

I discovered his twisted shoe yesterday right before our jumping lesson. Luckily for me, but not for Tracy (who was driving a parent to a doctor's appointment), she couldn't ride and I borrowed her horse, Summer. This was very fun. She (Summer, not Tracy) is a small bay thoroughbred. Very ladylike. (Come to think of it Tracy is ladylike, too.) She (again, Summer) is very light and just sails over jumps. We jumped cross rails. (Which look exactly like they sound, two rails crossed in the middle. The only thing lower than a cross rail is a pole on the ground. We started with poles.) I know, not hugely challenging, unless you are a beginner, having irrational jumping fears, or are riding your friend's horse for the first time and are worried about breaking her. (If you must know, I have experienced all three situations.) Summer did great and I did not injure or frighten her a bit.

Tomorrow, in keeping with my blog improvements, I will take pictures of Ray and Summer and add them to this post.

Later.

Update: Finally added a picture of Summer to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment